Qualifications and experience.
The school prefers people with:
- Qualified teacher status appropriate to the teaching duties to be undertaken.
- Experience of the IB Primary Years Programme.
Knowledge and Skills.
- Be aligned with the ISL values of diversity, passion, identity and understanding
- Possess excellent communication skills and be willing to adapt to the demands of an international school,
- in particular he/she should be able to communicate effectively in English
- Have a high level of understanding of current research as to how children learn and possess the ability to
- motivate students to perform at their best
- Through differentiated instruction, and by using a variety of styles, be able to inspire mixed culture and ability classes, by creating challenging and engaging learning opportunities for all students
- Be able to support student needs in learning and pastoral matters
- Be aware of the principles of Understanding by Design and Assessment for Learning
- Be able to participate fully in an expanding primary school and in particular help to develop the team spirit
- Have a high level of awareness of current developments and research findings in the field of primary/elementary school teaching and learning
- Have the ability to manage a diverse and demanding workload
- To implement PYP policy and strategic plans
- To liaise with the Head of Primary and PYP Coordinators to ensure effective delivery of the curriculum to specified classes, including selecting resources and managing them efficiently in the classroom
- To participate in the design, development, implementation and review of the PYP curriculum
- To participate in the design, development, implementation and review of assessment and reporting systems
- To promote the health and safety of assigned classes
- To participate in professional development and contribute to regular staff training/meetings
- To encourage the team spirit in the primary school and develop links with colleagues across the school
- To contribute to community service and global citizenship goals
- To contribute to the extra-curricular activities programme of the school
- To contribute to the development of a positive attitude between the primary school and the wider community through cooperative relations, publications, competitions etc.